Thank you for you interest in volunteering at Rest Haven Lodge.
Rest Haven Lodge aims to enhance the quality of life for our residents through resident-centered care that meets physical, social, emotional, intellectual, cultural needs and interests. We understand that volunteers are a key component to this goal and that volunteers elevate and enrich the quality of services we are able to offer our residents above and beyond the the exemplary care that the residents receive from our health care providers. Our volunteers bring compassion and a personal experience to life at the Lodge and allow our residents to live with dignity and self worth.
As a valued member of the Rest Haven Lodge team of volunteers, you can expect to:
- learn new skills and work experience
- receive training to carry out your volunteer role
- have opportunities for personal development
- build community connections.
- have meaningful interactions
- have a fun and rewarding experience
How do I become a volunteer?
- submit an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- attend an intake interview with the Activity Coordinator
- complete a Criminal Record Check
- attend a New Volunteer Orientation
- complete additional training specific to your volunteer role
- parental or guardian consent for volunteers under the age of 19 years of age. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years of age to volunteer independently. Children under 14 years of age are able to volunteer when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- provide 2 references that are not from family members
Volunteering can be extremely rewarding, but it is also a commitment we take seriously. We invest a lot of effort to ensure that you have the support you need for a successful volunteer experience. We hope in turn, you will offer the same commitment to your role as a volunteer. Our residents look forward to your visits, the relationships they form with you and the activities you suport. It is our hope that our volunteers form mutually enriching long term relationships with the Rest Haven Lodge Community.
If you have further questions please feel free to contact our Activity Coordinator, Jocelyn Wild by e-mail at email@example.com or call 250-656-0717 ext. 425.
DONATIONS: Help us to care for the community as we provide support for Rest Haven Lodge. Make a donation or become a member of the Rest Haven Foundation. For more information on donations, planned giving, memorial benches, gifts in-kind, or on becoming a member please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.