- Passionate about enhancing the quality of lives for our residents by offering and facilitating a wide variety of therapeutic programs that meet their physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs and interests of our residents.
- Interested to join a cheerful work environment that promotes courtesy and respect for our residents and caregivers
- Interested in an organization that expects excellence and competence and where standards are adhered to
- Looking for work / life balance and an organization that has values that align with your personal ones
Then Rest Haven Lodge is for you!!
Rest Haven Lodge is a non-profit facility that “cares for the community” by offering complex health care services to 73 seniors living in a residential care setting.
We are looking for staff that are committed to ensuring the dignity of residents, promote a resident's ability to make choices about his or her daily life and care, and treasure the role of older adults in our society.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Activity Coordinator, the Activity Worker assists in enhancing the quality of lives for our residents by offering and facilitating a wide variety of therapeutic programs that meet their physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs and interests of our residents.
- Completion of a recognized Therapeutic Recreation Program (preferred) or a recognized Recreation Certificate
- Health Care Assistant Certificate (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Geriatric & Dementia care
- Current B.C. Class IV unrestricted driver’s license
- Food Safe Level 1
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Cooperates with members of the interdisciplinary team
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to teach activities such as arts, crafts, music, and exercises
- Ability to facilitate a variety of Activity Programs
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team members
- Ability to record information in electronic health record
- Participates in gathering resident information for MDS/RAI input
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Reports clinical changes in resident status to Nursing Team Leader
- Preserves dignity and privacy of residents
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Responsible for setup and proper storage of Activity materials and equipment
- Adheres to all RHL Personnel and Scheduling Policy’s
- Adheres to RHL Occupational Health & Safety Policy with Safe Transferring techniques
- Adhere to Respectful Workplace Policy
- Adheres to Infection Control Guidelines and Hand Hygiene Program
- Participates in Annual Influenza Protection Initiatives
- Works respectfully with residents, employees of all departments, volunteers, private companions and family members
- Contributes to a positive team spirit
- Places resident safety as priority in all situations
- Porters residents to dining room for meals and to programs
- Assists with serving and feeding as required
- Drives and operates a 15-passenger bus with automatic lift
- Accompanies residents on outings
RN/RPN TEAM LEADER (Casual)
Rest Haven Lodge is accepting applications for Casual Nursing Leaders to join our team in the work of caring for the community. RHL practices resident-centered care often designed to meet needs in persons with dementia. Responsibilities include being an active member of the multidisciplinary team, care planning with families and residents, collaborating with support services and delegating duties to front line staff. Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills an asset in our dynamic environment.
If you have a positive team spirit, are a critical thinker and are committed to promoting a culture of safety, submit resume with 2 career oriented references. We will support you in developing leadership qualities as you grow in this position. Indicate availability for days, evenings and/or nights, 8 hour shifts.
Skills and Abilities;
- Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed to practice by a professional college in British Columbia
- Ability to effectively utilize the nursing process
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Ability to manage emergencies
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physical, mental & emotional ability to carry out the duties of the position
- participates in annual influenza resident protection program
Licensed Practical Nurse
Under the direction of the RN Team Lead and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will provide care to complex but stable residents. You will operate to full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia, and according to Rest haven lodge operating policies and standards. Typical duties include: plan interventions, perform assessments, administer medications and participate in the multidisciplinary care planning meetings and family conferences.
Typical duties include: plan interventions, perform assessments, administer medications and participate in the multidisciplinary care planning meetings and family conferences.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with references. Compensation per BCNU contract.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes will be held for three months. All applicants will have a Criminal Record Check upon hire.